Sunday, July 14, 2013

I'm in VEGAS!!! "I Teach K" here I come!

I made it!  I'm sitting in my oh-so-plush hotel suite at the Venetian writing this post!  Seriously, these beds are AwEsOmE!   If you have never been to the Venetian or Palazzo...just take a look at the rooms.  


They are HUGE... and BEAUTIFUL!   Yep, that's right!  Two SwEeT double beds {Have I told you already how incredible the beds are!?  Can I fit that comforter into my suitcase???  Hmmm...}, a giant luxurious bathroom with separate toilet room, and a sunken living room.   Last time I stayed here I had just won a $25,000 grant from Pepsi for my classroom and I brought my whole kinder-team {aides & volunteers}to the conference.   All five us stayed in one room and it was plenty big!   We had the best "slumber party" week ever!  (And learned a TON too!)  Not to mention Pepsi was footing the bill!   Gotta love that!   It's not every day someone gives you $25,000 to re-create your classroom!!!

This is a picture I took INSIDE the Venetian hotel!  YES!  I said INSIDE!
The lower levels of the hotel are filled with swanky shops... AND a canal complete with gondolas and "gondala guys"  (what are they REALLY called??) who sing Italian songs at the top of their lungs! Hee!


 This is me by the Bellagio fountains.

The weather is great... HOT... but great.   They have the nearby wildfire mostly contained and the rains from last week have really subdued the smoke, so that has not been a problem at all.  It is not humid at all... so that makes the heat MUCH more bearable!  Actually, the only time the heat bothered me yesterday was when we were walking the strip.  The pools were PACKED though!  I considered laying out a bit....but when I surveyed the scene and saw every Venetian and Palazzo pool packed like sardines... I decided I may need a a day or two to acclimate to the masses before I dive in to steal a chair or corner of the pool!

This is a picture from my hotel room window.  I took it at 3:40 AM Vegas Time.   Ya see... that is 6:40 AM Indiana time!  That's my natural wake up time...and my body hasn't adjusted to the jet lag yet!   I just had to snap that pic and send it to my hubby back at home with the kiddos.  {I'm sure he was up at that time letting our dear sweet Border Collie out for the morning.  Bet my hubby was LoViNg that!  NOT!}  And did I mention that all of my kiddos 4Hh projects are due this week while I'm gone too?   We shall see how the Mr. Spouse deals with that.   LoL     I think it will do him good to experience a week as "mom!"  He's been sending me lots of "Love U" and "Miss U" texts already.  Just wait til Friday!  Ha-Ha!

Ok... Ok... Back to teaching-related STUFF....   I'm looking forward to registering today and "organizing" my agendas for the week.  <-- I know, what a nerd!?  Right!   Hee!  I know many, many of my "Bloggin' Buddies" are flying in today too!   Can't wait to meet them!   I'm sure I'll have many stories to tell...and many new BLOGs to introduce to you!  I've got my iPhone charging as we speak to ensure some great pics!   I'm meeting up with DeeDee Wills, Deanna Jump, Kim Adsit, Kathleen Pedersen and MANY, MANY more of the "Blogging Greats" on Tuesday night!  Can't wait to share our adventures!   Blessings to you on this Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I am soooooo excited! Can't wait to meet you ....Don't know if the Mirage pools are packed will let you know this week! We plan on doing the strip this week too, got to win some $$$ (hopefully) see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad Australia is just a little too far to fly to Vegas on a whim - I'd love to join in on the conference! I was in Vegas last year for my 30th and loved looking at your photos and reminiscing. :) Sounds like you are very excited - have a wonderful time!!

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun and be careful!! I wish I could afford to go but can't! Love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I think I spotted you with Elizabeth Hall of Kickin' It In Kindergarten! So much fun to see everyone! I'll be at the Blog Meet up and hope to officially meet you!

    ReplyDelete