Monday, February 11, 2013

Celebrating 100th Day!

 
If you are blog-surfer...I know you have already been "hit" by the 100 Day "wave".... so I will spare overwhelming you with a minute by minute replay of my celebration.  I will, however, share a few of my 100 Day highlights in pictures and captions!   If you have any questions, simply post a comment and I'll get back with you and share the details! 
 
 
My kinder-babies were welcomed to the classroom with this festive door decor!  (It's amazing how exciting a few strips of crepe paper can be for little ones!)
 
"Zero the Hero" made a special visit!  The kids were in AWE!   He brought us a 100 day treat.  (Yep!  There are 100 gummi-savers on top!)  Super Yummy!
"Zero the Hero" recited a little poem explaining his job and the importance of zero as a place holder.  Then, he accepted questions from the kiddos.  My favorite was, "Zero.  Do you know any other super heroes?"  Of course, Zero answered..."Oh Yes!   Superman and Batman are my best friends!"  The boys almost fainted!!!   One little dude just couldn't contain himself and shouted out, "Can you PLEASE bring Batman back with you next time you visit?"  Hee!   Gotta love Zero the Hero!   (BTW.... "Zero" was actually our school board president!   Does my school rock, or what??  Oh... and that's me with Zero!)
Below you will find a few examples of the awesome 100 day activities I used from the ultra-wonderful GROWINGKINDERS over on TPT!   Click HERE to check them out! 

 


Counting our brought-from-home bag of 100 items, by grouping them into 10 sets of 10!

 
Creating our "100 Day Snack" with 10 pieces of 10 different snack-a-rooniees!
 
 
 
 
 
 
What a great day!  We had a great time!  I heard at least five "littles" say, "Today was the best day of my life!"   It's days like this that reminds you why ALL the work is SO worth it! 
Teaching kindergarten is the BEST job in the world!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun day! Our 100th day is coming up next week.....I feel like we must be the last ones in the country! Ha!

    Jill
    abcs and polkadots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... Those cupcakes look yummy! I am so loving your blog that I featured you in my first Linky ever, Desire to Inspire. Your blog just gives others and me such inspiring ideas!

    Brittany
    Lovely Literacy and More

    ReplyDelete