Friday, January 18, 2013

Penguins! Penguins!

Happy Friday!  Boy, do I mean that! 
This week seemed incredibly L----O----N----G.   On top of that...my little kinder-cherubs were unsusually "spirited" today.  (I'm sure you know what I mean!)  I'm telling you... I came home, sat down for "a second" (which I sincerely RARELY do).... and 15 minutes later found myself WAKING UP to a ringing phone!  Ugh!  I am one tired bunny tonight!  However, before I hit the sack... I wanted to take a minute to share some of today's "Fun Friday" events with you!   Today's "Fun Friday" theme was PENGUINS.   Gotta love those waddle-y little guys! (DARN! I just realized I left my camera at school....so I'm going to have to post most of my penguin activities tomorrow after I go in and grab it... but I can share a few gems with ya now.)

If you do a penguin themed study in your classroom, you HAVE to show this little video to your kiddos.  It's CHOCK-FULL of great information about penguins.  Super engaging for little ones... and incredibly cute!  (Oh and it's only a few minutes long so it holds their attention well!)

CHECK. IT. OUT.
 
 
 
Source: youtube.com via Mrs. on Pinterest
 
Birth and March of Emperor Penguins by FantasticAnimal on YouTube


Also... I needed a "math enrichment" activity so I whipped up this little gem.   If you think you may be able to use this in your classroom, check out the preview.  It's a peek at the full file. 
 
Click on the image to go to my TPT store!
 
 
 
Well... I guess I'll stop there for tonight.  I will post more pics and details tomorrow after I get my camera!   Have a great night!
 
 
 
 






 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little jealous of everyone and their penguin units! :) Don't have one planned for this year, but I'm thinking that next year it will be a must! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete