Saturday, February 21, 2015

Join us for an epic professional book study!!

I don't know about you.... but the reason I started following blogs was because I needed the support and inspiration of other like-minded educators.  After being a "follower" for a while... I decided to create my own blog, not because I felt like I had an over-abundance of knowledge to impart on the teacher-world myself, but instead because I wanted to share the awesome resources I found in various other places with other educators who were looking to better themselves... and maybe share a few of my own ideas.  THIS is why I love blogging and my blogging friends.   I love sharing ideas, support, & encouragement with other teachers who are truly striving to be the best teachers they can be... FOR THE KIDS!   I love how my blogging friends challenge me.  I love how we are there for each other to ask the hard questions... to hold each other accountable for teaching using "best practices"...to help each other stay focused on our 

TRUE CALLING 

to SERVE CHILDREN to the 

BEST of our abilities.

So in that very spirit of collaboration, several of my blogging friends and I have decided to challenge ourselves to reflect upon our teaching methods, as we work through a new book study together in order to ensure that we are teaching according to "best practices." 


Won't you join us???

bookstudy
Under the great blogging leadership of Elizabeth Hall of www.kickinitinkindergarten.com, we will be starting February 28th!  We are going to be hosting a linky party each Tuesday and Saturday with chapters from this book: 
0e54e28ad2b139b66386fd8967c15ec5
{I found a copy at my local library!  It is also available on Kindle for a few bucks less that the print version!}

Linky parties will take place on these different blogs each time. 
Here is the order so you can plan accordingly:)

Kickin it in Kindergarten- Chapters 1 & 2 (February 28th)
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten- Chapter 3 (March 7th)
Queen of the First Grade Jungle Chapter 4 (March 10th)
Fabulous in First  Chapter 5 (March 14th)
One Extra Degree Chapter 6 (March 17th)
Mrs. Jump’s Class Chapter 7 (March 28th)
The First Grade Parade  Chapter 8 (March 31st)

In April, you will be visiting these girls for the remainder of the study:
Mrs. Ehle’s Kindergarten Chapter 9 &10 (April 4th)
What The Teacher Wants Chapter 11 (April 7th)
First Grader At Last Chapter 12 (April 11th)
Erica’s Ed Ventures  Chapter 13 (April 14th)
KinderGals Chapter 14 &15 (April 18th)
A Rocky Top Teacher Chapter 16 (April 21st)
Mrs. Wills Kindergarten Chapter 17 (April 25th)
Little Warriors Chapter 18 (April 28th)
Falling Into First Chapter 19 (May 2nd)
Kickin’ it in Kindergarten Chapter 20 (May 5th)

You can join in for whatever part you like! If you are not a blogger, that is OK! We will want you to join in on the fun. You can participate in the conversation in the comments. We want this to be a positive collaboration between teachers! The whole point is to encourage each other with inspiring ideas while still using research based best practice.

We hope you will join! Here is a YouTube video where you can hear a little more about what the book is about.

4 comments:

  1. I'm in and very excited to grow with you all!!! I have been trying to get a professional book study going in my school and no one was interested so I am soooo happy to be joining in along with some really great teachers and bloggers!!!!! Thank you ladies for getting this started!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Can't wait to hear all of your thoughts!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Can't wait to hear all of your thoughts!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first two chapters and I have to say, it really boosted my confidence. I am doing many of these already in my classroom. As I continued to read, I started thinking of all of the ways I could incorporate the ideas that I was NOT doing! lol

    ReplyDelete