Friday, August 2, 2013

One of my FAV "go-to" WoRd WoRk" resources! Check this out!

Howdy, B2S Buddies!  I don't call my blog "Mrs. Ehle's Kindergarten Connections" for NUTHIN"!  I will be the first one to admit I do NOT have all the magical teaching answers at my fingertips... but I do know some of the BEST teacher-blogger-creators out there!   Whenever I find a resource that I have personally used and LOVED... I feel obligated to share it with you.   {Please note that any resource or product that I post about is ALWAYS done because I TRULY love it... and never because someone has "paid" me to post it!}  The resource below is one that I used EVERY WEEK in my classroom last year.  It was one of my absolute "go-to" resources every week in independent "word work" center rotations.  The best part is that no matter what "sight word" list or system you use... this resource can support it!  I printed off the masters, popped them into page protectors and filed them alphabetically in a binder.  Each week when I focused on new sight words, I just pulled out the word sheets that worked with my teaching order.   PER-FECT for everyone!   And this deal can NOT be beat!  The entire HUGE set is on sale now for 74% off!   CRAZY!!!  Here are the details:

74% Off on SIGHT WORD PRACTICE SET from Teaching in Blue Jeans 
You save $23.01


[Image: SIGHT WORD PRACTICE SET]
Sight Words – one of the underlying foundations to reading and writing.  A solid understanding and mastery of these most frequently used words in the English language help a child not only begin to read those first books, but also develop fluency and automaticity in their reading.  This in turn leads to comprehension which is the goal of reading – deriving meaning from words.  However, sight words are also some of the most difficult to learn because many do not follow the typical phonics patterns.   This set is designed to make the practice and review of sight words fun and engaging for the child.
Who is it for?
  • Recommended ages 4-10 / Pre-K – 3rd grade
  • Teachers and homeschooling parents who want a multi-sensory approach to practicing sight words
  • Parents who want to help their child get ahead in reading
  • Parents of a struggling reader looking for a multi-sensory approach to learning, reviewing and practicing sight words
What is included?  In this deal you will receive the following products focused on sight word instruction and review:
  1.  Multi-Sensory Sight Word Practice Pages for the complete list of 220 Dolch Sight Words.  Each page includes a section to read it, trace it, write it, rainbow write it, find it and build it.  Perfect for whole group instruction, independent practice, or as part of a learning center rotation.  These pages are divided according to the Dolch word list which makes it easy to differentiate for students at different levels.
  2. Multi-Sensory Sight Word Practice Pages for the common color words (black, blue, brown, gray, green, orange, pink, purple, red, white, yellow)
  3. Multi-Sensory Sight Word Practice Pages for the number words from zero to ten
  4. Sight Word Sticker Book for a fun and motivating way to encourage kids to learn and practice their sight words.  When words are fluently read, the child earns a sticker next to the word.  This set includes pages for the alphabet (to practice letter names and sounds), color words, number words, and 150 of the most common sight words.  Choose from four different cover options.  Also includes a progress monitoring data sheet for all the pages in the sticker book.
sight word   sticker book
Look like something you may be interested in? 
This deal is offered for a few days only from Educents.  The website is super easy to navigate through and the daily e-mails keep me up to date of the latest and greatest offerings.  Like Groupon, each deal is only good for a set amount of time - but you can always find out how much time is left on the educents page.  The explanations are great, honest and straight forward.  I have yet to find something that is "talked up" but doesn't meet my expectations.  If you haven't tried educents yet, then I have a deal for you!  Click the picture below and sign-up for the daily e-mails.  By doing so you will get a $5 credit to use as you wish on Educents!  


  Who is the sassy, smart teacher-creator behind this

 favorite product of mine? 

teaching in blue jeans logo 
Well, she is one of my "blogging besties."  I loved her blog and used her resources LONG before I met her.... but had the awesome pleasure of spending the week with her in Vegas this summer at "I Teach K."  I'm tellin' ya, friends... She is THE BEST!  
Amy Biddison is the teacher behind Teaching in Blue Jeans.  Although she doesn’t teach in blue jeans every day, her “Blue Jean” Mentality is one she carries into her classroom.  Amy’s goal is to create a classroom where her students are comfortable and safe, willing to take risks and try new things, and most importantly where learning is fun!  Amy has taught 6th, 7th and 8th grade reading intervention, 3rd grade and most recently, kindergarten.  You can find out more by visiting Teaching in Blue Jeans.
Looking for a great sight-word resource this year?    THIS is it!   
Go getcha-some!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great info. I purchased the sight word set and can't wait to use this with my kinders!

    ReplyDelete